5 Ways to Prevent a Wet Basement
A wet basement can serious cause mold and foundation problems, but here are 5 easy steps you can take to keep your basement nice and dry all year long.
- Clean Your Gutters – You might not expect anything that’s on your roof to impact your basement, but cleaning your gutters and downspouts will keep water flowing away from your home’s foundation.
- Epoxy – Minor foundation cracks can be sealed with epoxy, so be sure to inspect your exterior foundation along with the walls and floors of your basement.
- Dehumidifier – Summer’s here, and humid weather is on the rise. Turning on a basement dehumidifier during extreme weather can help keep your basement’s moisture levels under control.
- Sewer Maintenance – Keep your septic tank cleaned out or your sewer system routinely inspected so that your basement doesn’t flood during heavy periods of rain.
- Sump Pump – If your home is surrounded by a higher water table, then a sump pump will pump water out of a sump pit and away from the property.